Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ravenna.... more than amazing

                                                        Interior of San Vitale


                                              Exterior of San Vitale
                                           Different colored glass at the Mosaic Arts Store

Today we went into Ravenna, the mecca of byzantine mosaic art.  San Vitale was beautiful, but the Mausoleum was breathtaking, literally.   I made some videos and took a lot of pictures.  I will add some to this post. We also had a leisurely lunch at a pizzeria and a sweet break at a Gelateria. I bought a very nice emerald and pearl bracelet.  I also took a mini excursion to a local supermarket.. that was a trip all in itself.  Tomorrow we will be going to a festival in Borgo, where people dress in Renaissance period clothes.  After dinner tomorrow we are going to a town near Florence to watch an English presentation of As You Like It.   Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Jen,

    I am looking at your pictures and I am full of envy. Although I have been to Italy, we didn't go to Ravenna. Your pictures of San Vitale are beautiful. I am glad to see you in the pictures.

    I tried to preview my comment, but I didn't see anything. You know that I am very slow when it comes to computers. I hope you see this post. Enjoyu your trip. I will be checking in more often. Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I am FINALLY able to post. Keep sending the pictures. My virtual vacation in Italy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous. CAN"T WAIT TO SEE THE VIDEOS!!!!
    - Jolana Watson

    ReplyDelete